After leaving my native Austria in 1994, I have lived in the US, the UK and Germany. From 2004 I trained and worked as a systemic family therapist in the North of England. In 2011 I moved to Berlin with my family where I trained and currently work as a cognitive-behavioural child and adolescent psychotherapist.
As a mother of two sons I know that family life can be a challenge, and that a parent’s own well-being is often linked to the child’s emotional state and behaviour. Therefore a young person’s problems are best understood in the context of their close relationships and life circumstances.
I have extensive experience of working therapeutically with young people and their families in various in- and outpatient settings.
- Registration with the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians Berlin (2018)
- Full qualification in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy (2018), Centre for Mental Health, Free University of Berlin
- Certificate in Multi Family Therapy (2010), Marlborough Family Service London
- Master of Science in Systemic Family Therapy (2007), Department of Psychology, University of Leeds
- Diploma in Social Work (2004), University of Applied Science Berlin
- Chamber of Psychotherapists, Berlin
- German Association of Behavioural Therapy
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (2005-2011)
- Outpatient Clinic for Psychotherapy, Free University of Berlin
- Family Counselling Centre, German Red Cross, Berlin
- Charité University Hospital, Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Consultation Unit, Berlin
- Kind im Zentrum, Sexual Abuse Counselling Centre, Berlin
- The Priory at Cheadle Royal Hospital, Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Inpatient Unit, Manchester
- St. James University Hospital, Family Therapy Clinic, Leeds
- The Spinney, Forensic-Psychiatric Hospital for Men, Manchester
- Weidenhof, Eating Disorder Treatment Centre, Klagenfurt
- Kinderzentrum, Social-Pediatric Centre, Munich